Career Opportunity: Trainer - Customs and Freight Procedures.
Feltham, with nationwide travel
An exciting opportunity has arisen at BIFA as a Trainer - Customs and Freight Procedures. As a key member of our team, you will be at the heart of delivering the training that is part of our service, specifically in customs procedures.
- To deliver all customs related and some of the general multimodal freight procedures courses, in-line with their objectives
- Create bespoke courses for specific enquiries and meet with members where necessary
- Work with the training development manager to constantly improve our all-round offering
- Develop high quality, training materials – both high and low tech – that will add value to delegates day-to-day work
- Conduct delegate assessments as a support to the team where appropriate
- Attend quarterly customs policy meetings
- Work alongside other team members to schedule our annual programme calendar
- Support and give ideas for the marketing our courses and wider offering
- Continually self-assess own performance, course feedback and take appropriate action
- Support regional representatives with local training needs to maximise course attendance
- Promote the industry by attending networking events where appropriate
- Undertake other projects for the Secretariat team as required
- Attend events where appropriate to promote industry
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You will have at least five years relevant industry experience
- You will be a customs expert with deep knowledge of procedures and be aware of the up-to-date legislation changes
- Previous training experience in any capacity is an advantage, but not essential. You just will need to demonstrate a potential to become a trainer - we will ensure you obtain a relevant qualification
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and drive
- Strong belief in the value of training
- Systematic, methodical approach with high attention to detail
- Half of our training takes place at Feltham, you will need to be flexible with regards to travel as there will be a need to work away
- You will be adaptable and able to prioritise and plan your own workload and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels is essential
Whilst our training is technical, you’ll deliver sessions in an interactive and engaging way using a variety of learning methods.
In return, we offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
This is a great opportunity to play a part in what is an important role of transferring knowledge to established members and the new generation joining the industry.
For more information contact Carl Hobbis or send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applicants is Friday 14th July.
++ Strictly No Agencies ++