Imports for Beginners
A one-day course for those new to importing, designed to allow delegates to gain basic experience of the overall import process. This course focuses on the requirements of forwarders and intermediaries. This course is designed for importers, forwarders and merchants who are new to importing.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Determine and identify all of the documents that may be needed for imports
- Define all Incoterms and their role and responsibility in the terms of sale, valuation for Duty and VAT purposes
- list all the EU and EFTA countries and their respective transport documents and importing: controlling movements
- Classify goods and understand the common regimes and the common import CPC codes in accordance with the Customs tariff
- Complete basic Duty and VAT calculations
- Understand how a Duty Deferment Account operates
- Describe the door-to-door transit, with particular focus on the import arrival process
- Define and explain key industry terminology
09:30 - 16:30 hours
“A good course which helps to understand terms and import processes”
“Excellent course, now understand the ‘why’ we do things rather than all on system”
“Now have a better idea of import process”
“Trainer was very engaging and delivered the training in a professional but friendly manner”
- 99.5% of delegates would recommend this course to others
- 100% of delegates said their personal objectives were met from attending this course
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.