Understanding Letters of Credit
Date(s): Mon. 1 to Mon. 1 Jan 1900 at 12:00 AM for 0 Day
Code: Cost - Members: £0.00 Non Members: £0.00
A comprehensive but simple one-day guide through the problems usually associated with paying for international trade by Letters of Credit or Bills of Exchange. This course is designed for freight clerks, supervisors and anyone involved in international trade payments.
- Introduction covering other international methods of payment enabling delegates to position Letters of Credit from a seller's and buyer's perspective
- Explanation of the roles and responsibilities of all parties to a Letter of Credit - the applicant, the beneficiary, the issuing bank and the advised/nominated/confirming bank
- Practical case studies and exercises - using a template when requesting a Letter of Credit, documentary preparation and presentation
- Letters of Credit and Incoterms
- Letters of Credit and Transport Documents
- Explanation of UCP600 - the rules for Letters of Credit
- Brief insight into transferable Letters of Credit and other variations
- Achieving a clean presentation of documents to the bank - tips on how to submit documents
- Document checking exercise - delegates examine documents to decide whether they are clean or discrepant
09:30 - 16:30 hours
Many courses are repeated during the year, to see a complete list of available dates for this course please visit the course description page for Understanding Letters of Credit
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.