Understanding the BIFA Standard Trading Conditions, Cargo Insurance and Contracts
Distance Learning Course delivered on-line Once registered on the course candidates can access the learning material in their own time or choose to receive a daily ‘bitesize’ learning chunk. When the course and case studies have been completed the candidate applies to BIFA for the exam package which will be forwarded to an independent expert for marking.
- To introduce at a basic level some of the key features of the legal framework within which freight service providers operate
- To provide learning material that teaches freight service providers the responsibilities of the customer and the freight forwarder in the contract to arrange the transport of goods
- To introduce in detail the Standard Trading Conditions (STC) under which BIFA members conduct their business. Case studies and assignment tasks are used to interpret the impact of the STC on the forwarder’s responsibilities and liabilities
- To introduce the various international conventions governing the movement of cargo by road, sea, rail and air
- To introduce the subject of Marine and Liability Insurance and how to deal with claims
The course is split into three topic areas:
- Basic Contracts for Transport and Trade
- Know your Trading Conditions
- Insurance and Claims Management
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS COURSE PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
This training course is designed for BIFA members and in normal circumstances only an individual working for a BIFA member company will be registered to take the course. It can be released to solicitors or insurance brokers/ companies at the non-member price.
Any other individual interested in taking this course would need to demonstrate to BIFA why it would be appropriate. Any such enquiry should be made to Robert Keen – email@example.com.
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.