Apprentice of the Year Award 2021
The information below explains the process to enter the Apprentice of the Year category in the BIFA Freight Service Awards competition. An unlimited number of individuals from the same company may be put forward.
Entering the Apprentice of the Year Award is simple
- Download the AOTY Entry Form 2021 and complete your contact details.
- The nominating manager should complete Box 1 on the next page of this entry form stating why the Apprentice should win this award (max 750 words).
- The Apprentice should complete Box 2 detailing their impressions of the industry and their ambitions for the future (max 500 words).
- The completed form must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 11am on Thursday 7th October 2021.
Entry is completely free of charge.
Guidelines for Entries
Submissions will be treated in the strictest confidence by BIFA and the judging panel. An outline of the winning entry will be published as Judges’ comments and may be featured in future BIFA publicity material.
What are the Judges looking for?
The judges are looking for entries that showcase the difference the named apprentice has made to your organisation. They will want to see hard evidence to base their decisions on and will want to see examples that showcase your apprentice’s inspirational qualities, commitment to personal development and the outstanding contribution they have made to your organisation.
- To enter, candidates must either be currently undertaking, or have completed in the past two years, a professionally recognised apprenticeship framework, or standard in logistics, or freight forwarding.
- Entries can be at any apprenticeship level. If undertaking an apprenticeship, the candidate must have completed at least 8 months prior to the submission deadline.
The winner of the Apprentice of the Year Award will receive
- A cheque for £1000 to be presented at the Awards Ceremony (runners-up each receive a cheque for £250).
- A free invitation to the 2022 Awards ceremony held in January 2023 (all ﬁnalists will receive a free invitation to the 2021 Awards ceremony to be held in January 2022).
- A full-page coverage in the Association’s monthly magazine, BIFAlink.