Top Tips - Entering the Awards
Entering the BIFA Freight Service Awards?
Ensure your entry gets noticed
- Choose your category/ies – Visit the BIFA Awards website and read the category descriptions.
- Speak to colleagues and your customer/s to get their input and permission.
- Give yourself time, without interruptions, to write your first draft.
- Ensure your submission follows the stated guidelines (Categories: introduction 300 words; detail of project or service 600 words; conclusion 100 words. YFF: YFF article 750 words; Manager’s reference 250 words).
- Outline the issue, explain your approach and solution, describe the outcome and results.
- Save your submission and sleep on it for a couple of days before re-reading and refining the grammar and wording.
- Proof read – enlist the fresh-eyes of colleagues. Does it make sense to someone unfamiliar with the project?
- Make final tweaks.
- Deliver to BIFA before the deadline – 11am Tuesday 8th October 2019