Update on timeline for TRACES system changes
The Commission are currently planning to close down the CVED-A module in TRACES Classic on the night of 4 March 2020.
The planned date for a similar transition for those importing POAO has been pushed back until at least the end of March.
We are still working with the Commission to address outstanding technical issues associated with migration and will confirm once these have been resolved and transition date/time becomes certain.
It remains the case that in the event that technical issues prevent usage of TRACES NT in time for switchover we are also preparing IPAFFS as our contingency solution. For this reason you must also ensure that you are registered with IPAFFS. We will of course give you advance notice if that is the path we need to take.
You do not need to register on TRACES NT if you:
- are not responsible for the load and do not raise notifications
- only trade with the EU as you will continue to use TRACES Classic for Live Animals and ABP
How to register for TRACES NT
- Create a new EU Login account.
- Once you have your new EU Login Account you can Request a new user access profile in TRACES.NT
- The profile you create must reflect your role and associated activities, for example as an economic operator or Border Control Post (BCP) official.
- Economic operators must choose the BCP to which they wish to be associated for registration purposes. Once registered you will be able to import through any BCP.
- BCP users should associate themselves with the appropriate Competent Authority. Requests will be validated by the Competent Authority or BCP depending on your role.
Please be aware the first user registering a new TRACES NT account will become the admin for that organisation and thereby be responsible for authorising all further users within their organisation.
Have a look at these videos on You Tube if you need more help: User Creation, Login and Role Assignment CHED-D Part I
For any technical help with the registration, email email@example.com
See how to register for IPAFFS
If you are already registered, please check you have your gateway ID and your password. https://import-products-animals-food-feed.service.gov.uk/notification/prd/protected/notifications
If you have forgotten your Government Gateway user ID or your memorable word please contact the APHA Service Desk by phone on 03300 416 999 or email APHAServiceDesk@apha.gov.uk.
If you would like more detail or have questions, please reply to this email at DefraImportsandExportsCommunications@defra.gov.uk. Depending on the demand we can speak to you individually or organise a conference call.