Exit mobile menu
Close Menu
home  /  login  /  register  /  search  /  Tel: 020 8844 2266
Menu Menu

Applying for ECMT permits

Currently UK truck operators have unfettered access to operate in the EU, but after the end to the Transition period this may not be the case. On the 27th October the Department for Transport issued the following information.

For those operators, who carry goods to, from or through the EU, new rules will be in place from 1 January 2021. You might need ECMT permits for some journeys to or through the EU from 1 January 2021. You should apply for these in case they’re needed.

You will be able to apply for permits from November 2

You will need a Vehicle Operator Licensing (VOL) account to apply. Please check that you can log into your VOL account and your contact details are up to date. The rules governing the carriage of goods between the UK and the EU (market access) are changing. For up to date information on which journeys need ECMT permits in 2021 check www.gov.uk/dvsa/ecmt-permits.

The digital application system sets out all the information you need to apply for an ECMT permit but you may find it helpful to consider the points below before you start your application.

For more information please click on the following link:


Reset password