Inland Border Facility update - 18 Mar 2021
Latest IBF update:
- Please note that from 7:00am on 18 March 2021, services provided at Holyhead Roadking Truckstop will cease. The location for carrying out IBF checks will move to the Holyhead Interim Inland Border Facility Service:
Holyhead Interim Inland Border Facility Service
Plot 9 Parc Cybi,
For satellite navigation use: 53.292313, -4.615258
- During the site transition period (between 7:00am 18 March – 7:00am 20 March), hauliers can begin to use the new site to complete ATA Carnet services as no IT is required. However, to undertake Office of Destination and Office of Departure services, hauliers are required to exceptionally use the Port of Holyhead (hauliers will be directed to the parking area upon stating their need to carry out the required checks at the entrance).
- The Holyhead Interim Inland Border Facility Service will be fully operational for all services from 7:00am on 20 March 2021.
- The new location for the Holyhead Interim Inland Border Facility Service is less than 0.5 miles from its predecessor, with an estimated travel time of 2 minutes.
- There will be signage at Holyhead entrance to direct hauliers to the Holyhead Interim Inland Border Facility Service from 7:00am 20 March 2021.
- The option also remains to use the Warrington and Birmingham Inland Border Facilities if your route takes you past these locations.
- From 04:00 hours 21 March 2021, Manston Inland Border Facility (IBF) will be non-operational. Hauliers traveling from and to Kent can continue to complete necessary transit checks at Ashford Sevington IBF (Sevington inland border facility, Mersham, Ashford TN25 6GE).
- With the changes to the French protocol reducing testing requirements and high compliance from hauliers on upstream testing, the decision has been taken to end haulier operations at Manston from 04:00 hours 21 March. Manston will remain at the disposal of the Kent Resilience Forum as a contingency measure.
- Hauliers are strongly encouraged to visit alternative sites for testing and Inland Border facility checks. Free testing is available at one of the many Information and Advice sites. Find your closest site and get tested at the start of your journey to avoid delays.
- HGV drivers should continue to get a negative COVID-19 test and a valid Kent Access Permit before arriving in Kent. Drivers who arrive in Kent tested and with a valid KAP will be directed to use the M20, ensuring they arrive quickly at Eurotunnel or Port of Dover.