HMRC Share Updated GVMS Guidance - 7th Feb 2022
These regular communications have been produced to inform hauliers or their delegated third parties of the following GVMS topics:
1) GMR completion – your responsibilities and liabilities.
2) GMR issues when checking-in – how to avoid these by ensuring your GMR is finalisable
3) Check if you need to report for an Inspection Service –a reminder around how this service works and why it is important to use it
THIS DOCUMENT contains important updates related to GVMS:
- Completion responsibilities/liabilities of both the declarant and haulier
- On page 3 there is a specific instruction regarding CTC movements, including Office of Departure or Destination procedures where a customs declaration need to be Arrived/Cleared
- Haulier/driver penalty liabilities in situations when a "report for inspections" procedures are not followed
We urge our members to download and read this update at their earliest opportunity.