Exports for Beginners
A one-day course for those new to exporting, designed to allow delegates to gain basic experience of the overall export process. This course focuses on the requirements of forwarders and intermediaries. This course is designed for shippers, forwarders and merchants who are new to exporting.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Determine and identify all of the documents that may be needed for exports depending in their Customs regime, temporary exports of exhibition goods, samples, etc
- List all the EU and EFTA countries and their respective transport documents for controlling movements
- Define all the Incoterms, their role and responsibility in the terms of sale and valuation for Customs
- Understand the basics of insurance protection and liability
- Describe the door-to-door transit process
- Explain the basics of modal selection and the elements of freight costing
- Calculate volumetric conversion for all modes of transport
- Carry out basic tariff classification and select export CPC codes in accordance with the Customs tariff
- Define and explain key industry terminology
- Describe National Export System (NES) and the role of CHIEF
09:30 - 16:30 hours
“A brilliant trainer, he explained and went through everything in detail”
“Wanted to know basic rules and regulations and this has really helped”
“I knew nothing before the course and got a great overview of procedures and terminology”
“This course covered all the basics very well, from start to finish”
- 100% of delegates would recommend this course to others
- 98% of delegates said what they learnt on this course will help with their day-to-day work
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.