Introduction to Export and Import
Date(s): Mon. 1 to Mon. 1 Jan 1900 at 12:00 AM for 0 Day
Code: Cost - Members: £0.00 Non Members: £0.00
A one-day course for those new to forwarding, designed to allow delegates to gain basic experience of the overall processes. This course focuses on the requirements of forwarders and intermediaries.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Determine and identify all the documents that may be needed in forwarding depending on their Customs regime
- List all the EU and EFTA countries and their respective transport documents for controlling movements
- Define all the Incoterms, their role and responsibility in the terms of sale and valuation for Customs
- Understand the basics of insurance protection and liability
- Describe the door-to-door transit process
- Explain the basics of modal selection and the elements of freight costing
- Calculate volumetric conversion for all modes of transport
- Carry out basic tariff classification and select the most common CPC codes
- Define and explain key industry terminology
- Describe National Export System (NES) and the role of CHIEF
- Complete basic Duty and VAT calculations
- Understand how a Duty Deferment account operates
09:30 - 16:30 hours
Many courses are repeated during the year, to see a complete list of available dates for this course please visit the course description page for Introduction to Export and Import
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.