Please check this page regularly for invitations to CDS member events
BIFA Member Events: Moving to the Customs Declaration Service
The events took place in April 2022 - if you missed them, you can view the HMRC slidedeck HERE
HM Revenue and Customs recently announced that the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system from 31st March 2023. Services on CHIEF will be withdrawn in two stages:
- After 30 September 2022 the ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end and you must move all your import declarations to CDS.
- After 31 March 2023 the ability to make export declarations on CHIEF and the National Export System (NES) will end and you must move all your export declarations to CDS.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to start preparing for how and when you will move across to CDS.
To help you and your business prepare for this change, HMRC are working with BIFA and would like to invite you to attend one of two overview sessions. These sessions will both cover:
- The phased withdrawal of CHIEF
- Key steps you need to take to get ready as a declarant
- Key steps you need to take to get ready as somebody who uses a customs broker to make declarations on their behalf
- Additional support available from HMRC
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the sessions, and answers will be provided following each event.
Sorry, no items are currently available.